Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Beijing United Family Hospital’s Department of Anesthesiology is made up of highly experienced professionals and provides comprehensive care for all patients requiring regional or general anesthesia for therapeutic, diagnostic, or surgical procedures. All our anesthesiologists are selected from reputable hospitals in Beijing with at least 15 years of anesthesia experience. We offer a full range of anesthesiology services, including for general surgery, urological surgery, pediatric surgery, obstetric surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, and all oral and maxillofacial surgery. We are also able to carry out dental sedation and endoscopies, as well as provide CT and MRI anesthesia. Our services are available to a whole range of people, from premature babies to our elderly patients. Our epidural services meet the highest level of international standards. In additional, the pain management team is able to provide comprehensive and multifaceted pain management care after surgery. Our ultimate goal is to alleviate any negative feelings that patients might associate with the medical procedures they undergo.
Pain management is a branch of anesthesiology that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of various aches and pains. We believe that pain is unique to each individual and pain management is about more than just prescription medications and surgery; it‘s about minimally invasive treatment options that allow you to get your life back. The Beijing United Family Hospital Pain Management Clinic is dedicated to helping those who suffer needlessly from pain. We aim to improve quality of life and to avoid oral pain medication and the associated risks. We make sure to consider patients’ input when planning the course of treatment, and strive to provide excellent post-treatment follow-up care. We insist on basing our services on a thorough understanding of each patient’s unique situation, and we ensure that our treatments are non-addictive.
Chair of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiologist
Deputy Chair of Anesthesiology Department, Anesthesiologist, Pain specialist
Anesthesiologist, Attending Physician
Pain Specialist, Associate Professor
Anesthesiology & Pain Management services
The Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Management offers the following services:
- Surgeries and operations – general or regional anesthesia
- Vaginal birth – epidural
- C-section – general anesthesia or sedation
- Endoscopy – sedation
- Dental procedures – sedation
- CT scans – sedation for claustrophobic patients
- Pre-anesthesia Clinic
- Pain Management Clinic
Pain Management Clinic Services
- Neuralgia: trigeminal neuralgia, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, intercostal neuralgia, sciatica, lateral femoral cutaneous neuralgia, pudendal neuralgia, brachial plexus neuralgia, acute herpes zoster, postherpetic neuralgia, traumatic plexus lesions, phantom limb pain, stump pain, painful diabetic polyneuropathy, and complex regional pain syndrome.
- Cervical spondylopathy, cervical (lumbar) disc herniation, transverse process syndrome of the third lumbar vertebra, lumbosacral neuralgia, coccyalgia, and talalgia.
- Joint pain: periarthritis, extenal humeral epicondylitis, chronic hip pain, chronic knee pain, and chronic ankle pain.
- Soft tissue pain: acute lumbar sprain, supraspinal syndemitis, back myofascitis, pyriformis syndrome, fibromyalgia syndrome, peritendinitis, and scar pain.
- Cancer pain.
- A full range of complicated, painful diseases that do not clearly fall under any one medical department or specialty. This includes chronic diseases and those that are difficult to treat.
Beijing United Family Hospital’s four operating theaters are well-equipped with state-of-the-art surgical equipment, and are staffed and managed by a team of qualified, experienced, and caring professionals. Our operating theaters are equipped to handle all manner of surgeries, both routine and complex. One of our ORs is equipped with C-arm machine to enhance the comfort of patients and practitioners. It is mainly for oorthopaedic surgery rthopedic surgeries.
We continually invest in medical equipment and facilities to offer our patients the most advanced, evidence-based treatment options. In 2015, we welcomed the da Vinci robotic surgical system to Beijing United Family Hospital, ushering in a new era of surgical technology using robotics. At the end of 2016, over 100 surgeries were performed using the da Vinci System.