The Department of Surgery at Beijing United Family Hospital and Clinics (BJU) offers a broad range of both inpatient and outpatient surgical services. Our team of surgeons is composed of a group of carefully selected professors and associate professors who possess extensive experience in their respective fields and good working experience in developed countries.
We provide inpatient and outpatient surgical services in the fields of:
- General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
Our surgical specialists directly and personally participate in every aspect of diagnosis and patient care. They also closely cooperate with the referring physicians in making decisions for their patients. This working system accounts for the high quality and excellent cure rate of our patients here at BJU.
Our two fully equipped operating suites are staffed by our experienced team of healthcare professionals to ensure the best possible care for surgical patients. We import the most advanced medical equipment for our operating suites in order to meet and exceed international standards for surgical procedures and care. Our critical care beds are well-equipped with advanced monitoring systems and therapeutic facilities such as an electronic ventilator. There is now no reason to wait until your next trip home for a necessary surgical management.
Our department encompasses all aspects of general surgery including:
- Surgical trauma
- Surgical inflammatory disorders
- Gastrointestinal diseases affecting the stomach, duodenum, small bowel, colon, rectum, and anal diseases
- Neoplasm of the skin and soft tissue
- Diseases of the peripheral vessels or lymphatic system
- Diseases of the thyroid, breast, gallbladder and billiary tract, pancreas and spleen
Anesthesiology provides comprehensive care of all patients requiring regional or general anesthesia for therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Beijing United Family Hospital has installed an MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery) system in our operating theater. Offering this technology to our patients will ensure that we are true to our mission and offer an international standard of care. Minimally invasive surgery is the primary modality for many procedures being performed in more advanced markets. This will position Beijing United Family Hospitals at the leading edge of medicine in China and offer the most advanced services to our patients.
Additional Surgical Services
Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Our orthopedic team offers services in:
- Trauma and fracture care
- General orthopedics
- Surgery of foot and ankle
- Surgery of knee
- Surgery of hip
- Surgery of spine and lumbar disk
- Arthroscopic surgery on knee, ankle, shoulder, or elbow.
The urological team provides services including:
- Erectile dysfunction, impotence
- Diseases of kidney, ureter, bladder, urethra and genital system
- Urinary incontinence
Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic
The Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Department has a full range of services and uses the latest equipment, including BJU’s in-house hi-tech, international standard operating rooms.
Reconstructive surgery involves the treatment of appearance and functional disorders resulting from birth defects (e.g., cleft palate), disfiguring accidents, or illness. Cosmetic surgery involves changing the appearance for beauty reasons (e.g., breast augmentation and facelift).
Our Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic team provides the following comprehensive services:
- Various kinds of cosmetic enhancement
- Rhinoplasty (reduction and augmentation)
- Malar reduction
- Gonioplasty (mandibular angle reduction)
- Otoplasty, and more
- Augmentation and reduction
- Body sculpturing:
- Thigh lift
- Buttock implants
- Body contouring
- Intimate surgery:
- Labia reduction and penile augmentation
- Fillers and Botox
- Reconstructive surgery:
- Reconstruction following cancer surgery
- Breast, head, and neck
- Pediatric plastic surgery:
- Correcting deformities present since birth
- Maxillofacial surgery:
- Operating on the facial bones in cases of trauma or birth anomalies
- Burn surgery:
- Initial management of burn victims followed by rehabilitation and correction of deformities and scars